Olive Background


Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Better Late Than Never......New Zealand/Australia 2013





So I DO NOT know how I missed this.  Well, actually I do know how I missed this.  It's been a crazy year and I THINK about blogging and then I don't and then I forget, and then I think I did when I really didn't and so it goes.

Once upon a time, I lived with my family in New Zealand.  I was just little.  I started school there.  I had a kiwi accent.  I didn't wear shoes.  I sang Maori songs.  Life was good.  At least good for a little girl. Obviously things weren't perfect.  My parents moved us back to Canada.  Shoes.  Canadian accent.  Periodic snow.  Halloween.

It had been 36 years since we lived in Auckland and my parents and sibs went and spent a few days on the North Island and a couple in Sydney, Australia.  Call it a nostalgia trip.  It was mostly new to me all over again.
First of all may I just say this is the best barf bag ever!!
Second of all, this was the best steak I have ever eaten in my whole life.  No comparison. 

                                                  
 It's even windy there. 

My parents came by cruise ship from Sydney.  Chris and I flew in from Canada.  Diane flew in from Singapore or from somewhere else on the way from Singapore.  She does that kind of thing.
Fruitvale Primary School.  One of my childhood schools.
Add caption

New Zealand Temple - Hamilton
I remember thinking it floated in the air when lit up at night.

Piha - black sand

    Hobbiton was a highlight.  Yes, the actual movie stuff.

The Sydney Harbor Bridge. We spent WAY too much money and climbed this.


Sydney Opera House

Outdoor market.  

This is my Bruce.  


Bridgeclimb.  Expensive, but must be done.

I will need to write about my Ginger Beer next time.  So yummy!!




1 comment:

ABDO said...

Love it! It's like you did it twice now :) Thanks for posting.