Olive Background


Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Week in the Life.......

I was off on holidays last week and thoroughly enjoyed the concept of "stay-at-home-mom-ness".  By Friday I was getting into a groove and not worried about "the office".  Too bad I had to be back by Monday.  Re-entry pretty much sucked.

What a great week it was.  I got to have lunch with a couple of my peeps.  One of them is having a birthday tomorrow - the major birthday kind of birthdays - in a tropical place, and so it was nice to visit before she left.

Thursday was a big day.  My parents left for Japan and the rest of us went to Calgary to visit the temple open house.  My day started e-a-r-l-y.  Not kidding.  4 am kind of early.

So the sad part.......

My glasses fell onto the driveway in the wee hours of the morning as we pulled out to drop my parents off at the airport.  So if you were curious which would win - red Prius vs. red glasses - the car won.  

Slightly later in the wee hours of the morning, Sean and the boys and I were on our way to Calgary.  The temple was lovely, but I doubt there would ever be one I would consider not lovely.  We did manage to forget to take a picture as a family there.  Typical of us really.  

The happy part.......

We took the boys to Cross Iron Mills just outside of Calgary for lunch and some "shopping".  I wanted to depress James by taking him to a music store so he could find a bunch of stuff he can't afford.  What we did find was an excellent deal for an electric/acoustic guitar with a hard case.  Jordan is learning that he can love playing the guitar even if James does too.  He's been wanting his own and this is what we found.  So Merry Christmas, Jordan.  With love from your parents and Auntie Diane.  What a happy boy we had!!  

Friday was baking afternoon for James and some friends.  He got a recipe for spiced pumpkin cookies, which were rather yummy really, and they got to work.
If it isn't obvious, the tray closest to the wall was done by a girl.  The weird shaped ones in the front belong to James.  Good thing they tasted all the same.  

To cap off the baking theme......James is on a bit of a roll......he wanted to try making a souffle called a Salzburger Nockerl.  Odd stuff really.  Tomorrow we are making a lemon souffle.  I think he will like it better.
He really did a great job.  Chicks dig a guy that knows his way around a kitchen and it won't hurt his chances at being the greatest mission companion ever!!!!




3 comments:

Shelli McCullough said...

I am sorry about your glasses.
James! What a man he is turning into.

ABDO said...

what a week, for sure. didn't know about the glasses. bummer!

ABDO said...

james- you've got some mad kitchen skills!