Olive Background


Sunday, April 1, 2012

General Conference Weekend

GCW, as I will call it from now on......the age of acronyms and all......is/was this weekend.  I spent the majority of it in my bed with the laptop hooked up to the TV thanks to Sean and watched the proceedings all warm and snugly.  It's a bit of a tradition to do so, but considering I've been sort of under the weather lately I was especially happy to stay put.

For those who are not of the Mormon faith and wondering, GCW?  What is that?  Well, it's our semi-annual, two day conference where we hear from church leaders.  Two days.  5 sessions.  You got it. 10 whole hours of church.  Yes.  It's a lot of church for one weekend.  Right now my numb bottom is telling me it's a lot of church.  BUT (oooh, almost a pun).....it's all good.  I love it.

I'm going to post a rather special talk on my other blog that touched me, but for here.....this blog......I am posting what I watched BEFORE I began my 4 hour conference day.  Well the video is not from today, but I heard it today and I've spent all my waking, non GC watching hours looking for what the song was, watching the performance again, who wrote it, where can I get my hands on the music, and how can I swing singing it.  It's very time consuming, but I was obsessed.

I found what I think is the music unless Mack Wilburg of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir tweaked it, which could happen.  I don't know.  Anyone who recognizes this can enlighten me or else I will just get the music I found and cross my fingers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ2LUQwXrUI


1 comment:

ABDO said...

That was a beautiful hymn. You are a woman on a mission!