Olive Background


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sixteen

There is a coming of age when you turn sixteen.  It's like waking up one morning and all of a sudden you have opportunities that are so.....adult.

You can take a driving test.  You have more employers willing to hire you.  You can switch classes at school without parental consent.

Sixteen years ago this came out of me.
Yes......"Crap!  It's cold and bright out here!  Put me back in!!"

Now he is this
Really, he does smile.

My children aging bothers me more than my own aging.  I really like my kids and I am glad I get to be their mom.  But I woke up this morning and this boy named James is now considered a young man who can take a driving test (but not until he gets a haircut).

Well, Happy Birthday, Firstborn.  Mama loves ya and you will always be my baby.


1 comment:

Shelli McCullough said...

that is one fine young man you have there mom!