Olive Background


Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Last Couple of Months

How the time flies.

Sean was away for three weeks working in cold, cold weather.  I played single mom through all the Christmas concerts and worried with all the bad weather we may not have a dad home for Christmas.  But we did.  Thank goodness.

Our washing machine died.  I only put up one Christmas tree.  I finally cleaned up my bedside table.  I finished my college course with honors (which is funny because I could never find time to work on it).  I fell ill multiple times.  I did the majority of the Christmas shopping and managed to not buy any video games!!!!!!!

We were the recipients of many a Secret Santa and some not so secret Santas.  We got to feel the love of some wonderful friends and we, too, got to share some of our love.  We had the opportunity to be of service to others.  Others were of service to us.  This was the best part of Christmas this year.

Our Christmas was quieter than the past few and it was nice.  I liked that we were more low key.  I liked that I could stay in my PJs all day.  I liked that we only left the house to drive four minutes to my parents' house for dinner.  I liked that after dinner we could drive 4 minutes home and then stay put for a few days and hibernate.

A multi family run around Henderson Lake followed by brunch with those families marked our first day of the year.  Jordan ran with me while Sean, Jared, and Jackson walked.  James wouldn't get up and because he sleeps in his underwear and weighs 170 pounds, I can't drag him out of bed so easily.  I suppose the fact that it was -21C with the windchill would be reason not to drag him outside in his undies either.

Cold or not, it was a beautiful sunny morning and the run was great.  The food was great.  The company was great.

School starts up again in a couple of days and my feelings are mixed.  We have enjoyed sleeping late and lounging around, but I guess we have to get back to real life at some point.

The days are getting longer again.  Our winter has been more mild than the previous two and I hope that it continues to be.

What's up for this year?  James will be 16.  Jordan becomes a teenager.  Jared will leave Primary.  Jackson will leave the junior levels of elementary school (I always feel like there's a huge difference between 3rd and 4th grade).   Aside from that I don't know what is in store for us.  I'm a little nervous, truth be told.

Too bad.  And life moves forward.

1 comment:

Shelli said...

Super Mom!!
(I want to hear more about school!)