Olive Background


Sunday, January 16, 2011

And I Thought It Was a Girl Problem

Jordan wakes up at 6:30am every school day to get ready for the day.  I realized this past week that he is not wearing his contact lenses so I brought up the issue.  He locks himself in the bathroom for 20 minutes each day and I couldn't understand why the contacts were not on the eyeballs. 

So what does he do in that bathroom, because according to Jordan he doesn't have time to put in his contacts.  He brushes his teeth, washes his face, and edits his hair.  Edits?  Yes, edits.

He does his hair the night before and then fixes it in the morning.  Edits.

My question is, 20 minutes.  Really?  Brushing teeth, washing face, and editing hair?  A boy/man? 

We have the morning line up of others who also need the bathroom who have to wait until Jordan is done.  I've kind of implemented an open door policy unless......you know.

If this is a sign of things to come with the rest of the boys (James doesn't count because he does the same stuff in half the time) I am really going to need another bathroom.

Didn't think I would have this issue with having all boys.

1 comment:

ABDO said...

"edits"- hilarious!! You keep me posted about those older boy issues...I have so much to learn and prepare for, too.