Olive Background


Monday, May 3, 2010

Turning 40

It wasn't quite how I planned things......spending my 40th birthday healing from a tendon transfer. Not that I was anticipating dancing on tables or anything like that, but at least an able body was on the original agenda.

Sean took me to Calgary for a couple of days for a birthday shopping trip. A man following you around from store to store, carrying your shopping bags is a gift indeed......of the awesome kind. I don't know too many of the male species that could endure that kind of torture. Sean did.

It was nice to be away together. It's been a few years since we've been able to get away and have someone else worry about our babies.

We certainly had fun and I didn't go overboard in my shopping adventures. We met up with some friends for a birthday dinner. It was just a nice getaway and when it was time to go home, we knew it.

We returned to a great family dinner made by my mom and I think the boys were even happy to see us.

Turning 40 is good.

No comments: