Olive Background


Monday, May 24, 2010

Healing

My splint is off most of the time now. I am working on regaining mobility in my hand. "The strength can come back later," says my therapist. Apparently we have years to work on strength, but the mobility is crucial now. So be it. I see her point. Still, it's frustrating to have a semi functioning hand that can't do much more than move.

On the running side, I ran 8.5k alone on Saturday. For me that was great considering I hate running alone. HATE!!!!! I'm doing a program where I run for a few minutes and walk a few until I work up to a 9 and 1 run/walk ratio. I ran a 7 and 1 on Saturday and 24 minutes longer than usual to top that off. I didn't have shin pain until Sunday morning, so I am watching that carefully.

I registered for two half marathons this fall. I think I am crazy, but one of them comes with a really cool race shirt. I registered for cheap so if I don't run it, I'll still have the cool shirt!! Hey, sometimes it's about the clothes, people.

1 comment:

Shelli said...

How are you now?