Olive Background


Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sports Tape

I've been nursing a shin splint in my right leg the last week and a half. I've never had one before and I must say that it's a nuisance. I want to run. I can't run. It's a real bummer, let me tell you.

Just to be good, I have been riding the bike at the gym, just to keep up with some kind of cardio. I am going to have to get back into the running slowly, so I need something else to keep me from falling too far behind the level I want to be.

It's my own fault this happened. I started to run too far, too fast, in a short space of time. Most mornings I am running on snowy, icy, uneven pavement. What should I expect? In reality, I don't run fast. I should say, so what? I've decided I am going to learn my lesson. Yes, I think I will learn my lesson.

Sean and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary last week. My hubby, my medic, was kind enough to spoil me with a box of band aids, a tensor bandage, and a box of sports tape. I know. I know. It's too romantic for life. It was the best gift ever!!!! Mind you, I didn't know what to say about the band aids.....like he is anticipating I will fall and scrape my knee.

But it's amazing how great sports tape is. I think it is my new best friend. I love my sports tape. I love how sporty I feel just saying I own AND use sports tape.

No comments: