Olive Background


Friday, January 29, 2010

....and then there were three. At least for one night.

James is winter camping. James is not a camping kinda guy. He's a stay where it's warm and play my guitar and play video games kinda guy. He's an if I have to go do something outdoorsy then I am going to whine and complain about going until the bitter end kinda guy.

I'm a get your gear together and get a good night's rest kinda mom. I'm a don't hurt yourself when we push you and your gear out of the van in the morning at the meeting place because we may not actually come to a full stop kinda mom. I'm a I am fairly certain you won't freeze to death so suck it up kinda mom.

I am also a probably would never go winter camping unless I was forced to kinda mom. Which also makes me a yes I would force my children to do things I would never do kinda mom. And  I don't care if that makes me a hypocrite kinda mom because it's my job to open you up to character building experiences.

I hope his character is built up a smidgen on this overnight winter camp.....and that he doesn't actually freeze to death.

I'm still an I will make you do things whether you like it or not and silently worry about you until you get home kinda mom.

No comments: