Olive Background


Monday, October 12, 2009

Thankful

I am thankful for a little boy who is always so darn happy. Perhaps it is because he is the youngest and we inflict the least amount of stress on him. Perhaps it is because he is just a happy little kid. In any case, thank you, Jackson.

I am thankful for a boy who teaches me resilience; who teaches me to just not worry about what other people think and go out and do the best I can. You can't measure the value of being able get up and dust your knees off when you take a fall. Some of us don't read social cues very well. Some of us just need to ignore certain cues. Thank you, Jared.

I am thankful for a boy who always shows me that despite the fact it sometimes feels like I live with a bunch of Neanderthals, there is tenderness hidden inside that body. He will offer to help me when he sees that I am at my wits end. He lets me hug him still. His attempts to take on more responsibility is a constant reassurance that he wants to do good things. Thank you, Jordan.

I am thankful for a young man who is making mature and good choices. When he saw that a friend who had not been out to church for a while showed up, he decided to stay despite not feeling well so that friend would not feel alone and awkward. Thank you, James.

I am thankful for a man who holds me when I cry about silly things. Who thinks I am smart enough to solve my own problems and doesn't try to fix everything for me. Who lets me be sick when I am sick. Who shows patience towards me whether I deserve it or not. Thank you, Sean.

1 comment:

Shelli said...

Beautiful! And yes, it is time to redecorate! I hope you do come by and see. (I miss you opinions when it comes to that)