Olive Background


Monday, August 31, 2009

The Return of the School Year

For the first time in 10 years I didn't take the day off work. I always take the first day of school off. This year I didn't.

We are officially a 3 school family. James started high school. Jordan started middle school. Jared and Jackson are still in elementary.

We were as prepared as we could be. Jackson worried that the first day of grade two would be as bad as the first day of grade one. Jared claimed that he was not worried, but his stimming was apparent for the last three days. Jordan was sort of nervous, but it didn't really show until we got to school today. James developed a horrific situation on his face. It started as chapped lips and got worse from there. Ahh.....the fantastic first day of high school horror story he will have to tell his kids.

Everyone survived and had good things to share about their day. I, on the other hand, barely survived work today. I have been taking the first day of school off for me, not for the boys, and I am fessing up to that today.

The boys are all on board to return to school tomorrow, and I suppose I will go back to work and recover from my stressful day.

I thought it would get easier. Maybe next year.....no......maybe the year after that.

No comments: