Olive Background


Sunday, May 31, 2009

Growing with Gracie


It's been almost 3 weeks since Gracie first came to our home. There is less floor peeing and more play biting, though I would say the biting doesn't always feel like play.
We are working on the biting thing. We have spray that tastes awful and smells like rubbing alcohol. We are putting her in time out if she gets out of hand. I don't know if it's all working yet, but she is a puppy and it takes time.
I'm sure she's doubled in size since we got her. Nothing small and cute stay small long enough.
The novelty of a dog is wearing off for the boys, but they are still doing well enough taking care of her. We have decided to keep her and she is officially a part of the family for better or worse.
Jackson now tells people we have 5 boys and 2 girls in our family. Of course I am lumped together with the dog. Well, considering the options I am probably in good company.

No comments: