Olive Background


Saturday, February 28, 2009

Jackson is 7!!


The little boy who no longer wants to hug and kiss his mother but will cuddle with a teddy bear is now 7. No, I am not bitter.

There is an excitement seeing your babies grow up. There is a sense of sadness seeing your babies grow up....at least for some of us. You know who you are.
As he continues to grow there are things I am certain of:

- Soon at least 3 out of 4 of my boys will grunt as their main form of communication. I leave Jared out of that because I don't ever expect him to shut up. It's physically not possible.

- I am not going to have enough bedrooms to keep up with the demand for privacy.

- My refrigerator is going get empty faster than it already does.

- My house is going to smell like stinky armpit more than it already does. I do buy pit stick, but it is used sparingly.

- I will be out of the birthday party phase soon. YEAH!!!!!

- Braces.

- Wisdom teeth removal.....before the braces.

- An empty house during winter camp!!

- Tall, handsome men who fear their mama - 5' 2"

- Girls.....nothin' but trouble.

Ahhh.....all my babies are growing. It's a little scary seeing what some may refer to as the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't know that I would call it that. I didn't have children so that I could endure a third of my life. I want to enjoy it, warts and all. And I do enjoy it.

But Jackson, promise me that out of the blue one day you will give me that hug and kiss that I miss so much.

No comments: