Olive Background


Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sniffing

At about 12 minutes and 32.79 seconds after midnight on New Years Day, Jared started throwing up. What we thought was just too much of the New Years festivities quickly morphed into full blown stomach flu.....the 48 hour kind.

Poor kid. He was miserable. He was crying. He was tired. So were the rest of us. So 14 hours after the first run to the toilet, I let him sleep in our big bed. It was close to the bathroom and a much better alternative to the top bunk where he usually sleeps. He was out like a light for a long time.

A couple of days later Sean and I noticed that our room was not smelling as fresh as it normally does and as the day wore on it seemed to get worse. After some investigating Sean discovered some crusty dry vomit in the carpet. Jared has no recollection of throwing up while in our bed.

I laundered the bed skirt and Sean cleaned the carpets. Problem solved....or so I thought until a few days after that I could smell the smell again. I couldn't figure it out so finally yesterday I got down on my hands and knees and started sniffing and looking around like a dog. I must have looked ridiculous, but I found some missed spots and cleaned them up.

I think the smells are gone now. My days of doggy sniffing are done, I hope. The flu has passed through the house. It's almost warm enough to open the windows to air out the house and perhaps by Thursday or Friday I'll be able to do that.

No comments: