Olive Background


Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Even Santa Needs a Nice Place to Fall

Last year while discussing the finer points of Christmas with "Santa" at my staff tree trimming party, Jared gave him some important information.

"Now just remember when you come down our chimney you will hit a glass wall."

Good to know. With so many natural gas fireplaces in the world, you wonder how Santa can get his job done on time.

This is a new year and a new old house and we have a regular fireplace like in the olden days. We haven't tried it out yet (I want to have it inspected), but I am sure it is Santa approved and he will have no trouble fulfilling his responsibilities at our house.

What he may take issue with is the painted brick. Someone painted the brick two different colors......and none of that furniture is ours, bye the way. This is one of the pictures Sean took when touring the house before we purchased it.

Now we are going to hide the brick. Had the brick been left in it's original state, I would have changed my whole decorating concept for the den. Alas it was painted and we don't have the cash to do what I would really like to.

So......bye, bye, brick. Sad to see you go. Sean is building a floor to ceiling surround to cover the entire area. He also took the left over ceramic tiles from the bathroom floor and used them around the fireplace opening. It should be done by the end of the week and we will have a mantle to hang all eleven stockings for Santa to fill.

Eleven????.......you ask. Family is coming. What a better way to spend your first Christmas in a new town.

1 comment:

Shelli said...

I can't wait to see the finished product! I got a suprise package in the mail today, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. I love the pink dice! Too much fun.