Olive Background


Monday, December 1, 2008

Brain Cell Destruction = Bathroom Renovation Sucess.......at least part of it.

This weekend Sean began the lower level bathroom. This is our pink bathroom. We do not like it. I hate pink on a good day. It's very 1970's. We could not let it continue to exist.

Our original plan was to rip out the tub and tiles and install new pretty things, but Sean was reluctant to do a tub replacement on his own. So he bought an enamel paint kit from the hardware store and went to work.

No where on the box did it say "use in a well ventilated area". The fact that we are all alive is amazing. Whether our brain cells are still in tact is another question. The fumes were awful. I was dizzy. Jordan was throwing up. I didn't think we were going to survive Friday night. On Saturday I turned off our heat, made everyone wear sweaters, and opened all the window. Fortunately it was a warm day.

I was skeptical about the whole paint job idea. I had heard horror stories about how difficult it was to apply it just right. Indeed Sean needed to do about 3 coats, but in the end it turned out better than I thought and it only cost us $50.....saving us huge amounts of cash.
Now we will move onto the wall repairs, painting, tiling, new cabinets and counters. Mom, you may have a nice bathroom to use when you and Dad get here!!


No comments: