Olive Background


Monday, November 10, 2008

Today We Celebrate You, James......

.......for that special day when you inflicted so much pain on your mother and so much stress for your father.

.......for that day when I wondered if all my offspring would have enormous heads.

.........for that day you screamed, "Put me back!!!!!"

.........for that day you started teaching me I needed to become a better human being.

And now you are this strapping 5' 8" thirteen year old with a voice that's already changing. Thank you for being our practice child. Thank you for not being overly damaged. Thank you for being the person that you are. You are wonderful and I feel like I have very little to do with that. You are just good stuff.

I am so glad I get to be your Mom. Happy Birthday, James.

2 comments:

Shelli said...

He is a great kid! Happy Birthday James, from the McCulloughs.

Mitsuko said...

Happy Birthday, James!!!!

We are very happy that you came into our life. Because of that our life became much happier. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Deb, congratulations to have a first teenager in your family. Good Luck !!!

Grandma Miko