Olive Background


Thursday, September 18, 2008

While the Hen was Away




I would be the hen....and these chickies are some more of my friends that I was so happy to see again. Even though it has been just a few short months since we left the island, in some ways it seems like forever. I love these girls!!!!

While I was away and up to no good at all, Sean was hard at work on our house. What a project we took on. It makes me a little sad that we won't end up staying in the house. I am choosing all the things I love - cabinets, colors, floors. It makes me tired to think I will have to do it all over again.....a few more times if we decide we like this house flipping thing.

This is what the kitchen looked like before we bought the house.

This is what it was looking like after I left.

And this.

This is not a week for my main floor to be pretty.

With the drywall repairs done, the cabinets started to go up.

Sean finished up the flooring.

We still have the same square footage but the kitchen feels larger and we have so much more storage space. There is still some painting and cabinet hanging and backsplash tiling and door handles and countertops to take care of, but it's coming together better than I had imagined.

Someone is really going to enjoy our house.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

It was so very good to see you. The kitchen looks awesome. What a husband you have!

Meg said...

It's looking great! It might just be me being clueless, but I totally just realized where you are living now. Also, Adam is being transfered to the Canadian Border, so he'll only be a couple of hours away from you. Maybe when I come up to see him and his wife, I'll make a little side trip and come to see you!

Jacob and Rachel Ellis said...

The cabinets look amazing. I am excited to see the end result. love and miss you!