Olive Background


Saturday, September 13, 2008

My High School Reunion.....Sober

I learned something tonight. I wasn't the only one nervous about the whole event. I was remembered more than I thought I would be.

When I was in high school, kids would gather in the parking lot on a Friday/Saturday night to find out where the parties were. They would then all drive in their respective cars to the party location. Very inconspicuous. So it seemed fitting that 20 years later our reunion was held in the theatre, that was built onto the school after we graduated, that sits on the very parking lot that was the congregation spot so many years ago.

It was nice to see familiar faces and faces that weren't. Some had changed a great deal and some still looked like they did at graduation. Some were merrily drinking and some will not remember this evening's events. Some had given up the drink. We all still had fun asking the same questions over and over again and realizing that we had all grown up.




I saw the people I wanted to see the most.










Prominently they stand in the fondest memories of my school years.

No comments: