Olive Background


Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Babies Are Off To School!!!!

I AM the mother who does not take pictures of her children on the first day of school. Had a bad experience with that with J#1.
I AM the mother who did not cry when her firstborn went to first grade and did not look back at her.
I AM the mother who did not cry when her last born went to first grade today and did not look back at her. Sean and I did follow him and he did hug us when we left, but I think that was because the other kids were told they could hug their parents since we were getting kicked out.
I AM the mother who is cleaning her house happily today because it may actually stay clean for 6 hours.
I AM the mother who needs to start figuring out what she is going to do with herself now that all her babies are off to school.
This is truly a moment of transition. Sheesh!!!

1 comment:

Mitsuko said...

Congratulations to the boys!!!
I am sure they will be all right at school. It's now your time, Deb.
It is a wonderful feeling to live in a clean house, even for 6 hours, isn't it? You are happy in the quiet house because you know they will soon be back from school. We all should give them a cheer.

We love you very much, boys. GO FOR IT !!!

Miko and Morgan