Olive Background


Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Family Day


Yester-day my brother Chris, his wife Jen, and I went to Coombs to do some goat hunting and shopping. They had never been to Coombs and I knew Jen would love the Old Country Store there. The big attraction besides all the fun and yummy things you can buy are the goats that live on the roof of the store.

We enjoyed a beautiful island day - sunny, very warm, tempered by a cool breeze. Perfect.






We found lots of cute little goats running around. This past spring one of the goats was pregnant. There were a number of babies running around so I would assume there was more than one goat that had babies.




We found great things to buy inside the store. They have wonderful breads, and food, and items imported from many other countries.

We walked around the other little shops in the area. We sampled lots of fudge so I bought a slab. I am trying to save it for home. It is absolute torture.



We devoured sushi and oysters for dinner at a Japanese restaurant in Nanaimo and stopped at the Walmart in Duncan for some extra treats to compliment the strawberries Jen bought in Coombs. It was sunset when we arrived. The moon was over Mt. Tzouhalem.....such a lovely sight and no where but a parking lot to take the picture. Too bad.

We were exhausted when we arrived home. I managed to stay awake long enough to eat a dessert of angel food cake with strawberries drizzled with sweetened condensed milk and whipping cream on top. Yummy.

It was a great day. Chris is 10 years younger and I was married and having babies while he was still growing up. Yesterday was one of the rare times he and I and his wife have had the chance to spend quality time together just as siblings.

It made for good memories.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

It looks like you're having a good time, what a neat looking store. My daughter would love those goats. I had a 25th reunion this summer and it was a lot of fun and so good to see people after all that time. Safe travels!