Olive Background


Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Out With the Poopy

The insurance adjusters paid me a visit yesterday to assess the damages to our basement. The company sent the best looking guys who both commended me on how organized Sean and I were in getting things done and listed and documented. They also raved about my home decorating. How better to get quick payouts. Send over hotties who sweet talk you while your husband is out working.

We agreed on the amount of compensation for the contents damaged in the flood(they were higher than me), and I get a cheque in the mail shortly. I can sort of go shopping again.

The bad news in all of this is that it may take 6 to 8 months to get the basement redone. There are a lot of damaged homes in the city. Our insurance company is dealing with at least 60. I am sure contractors are just raking it in at the moment. We should look like a relatively easy fix since our basement is basically one big room. Only one wall has to come out completely. So we will have to do some research and perhaps become our own contractors. Who knows what will happen?

Last night Sean and James loaded up the front yard with our poopy furniture and blankets and other contaminated furniture. James got to smash a guitar like a rock star. He thought that was fun.

1 comment:

Shelli said...

Have fun Shopping!