Olive Background


Sunday, July 20, 2008

Jaunt to Waterton

This afternoon we drove out to Waterton Park. I don't ever recall going there and it was such a lovely day. So I dragged the rest of my family kicking and screaming to the car for a pleasant outing together to make some memories to look back upon fondly.

It's a great place....what we had time to see today. The lake is so pretty and there was deer everywhere.









It's the closest to water we have been since leaving the island, unless you count the pool. The boys were throwing rocks into the lake. The water was cold, but beautiful. We saw a couple of speed boats. There were some no swimming signs, but I doubt it was warm enough for swimming being that it is snow water from the mountains.

While in the vicinity, we decided to drive to Cameron Lake. I didn't realize how close to the BC border we were.
You can rent boats and paddle around the lake. Jared thought that would be great fun, but I can't help but think that he would have us all in the water pretty quickly.

We took a short stroll down one of the trails. It's bear country and Jackson was so worried that we would meet a bear. No such wildlife appeared unto us, but I did manage to get this shot of a bird before it flew away. Its body was a vibrant blue and just beautiful. I've never seen one like it.

I would love to get a cabin or camp at Waterton some time in the future.

We survived the trip. We arrived home safe. Great Day!!!!